Some ingredients are more hype than action, but Peptides can stimulate your skin to make collagen, so you don’t want to miss out. Collagen is made of three polypeptide chains and peptides also make up elastin fibres, so adding peptides to your skincare routine, leads to younger, firmer-looking skin.
What can Peptides do for the skin?
- Improve flexibility and firmness of the skin
- Enhance the skin barrier and lock in hydration
- Even out skin tone and fade areas of pigmentation
- Reduce the depth of expression lines and wrinkles
- Assist in wound healing and repairing skin damage
It takes a range of peptides to help fight multiple skin problems and they must be applied daily. There are several different types of peptides, comprising 5 key categories:
- Signalling Peptides: initiate the production of collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid in the skin.
- Carrier Peptides: main function is to transport key minerals like copper and manganese to the skin and help wound healing and repair damage to the skin barrier.
- Enzyme-inhibiting Peptides: inhibit enzymes that cause the skin to darken and those that degrade the skin
- Neurotransmitter Peptides: inhibit brain transmitters, causing the muscles in the face to slow down contractions.
- Antimicrobial Peptides: kill bacteria on the surface of the skin and in the pores
Products and Supplements containing Peptides include:
Peptide Serum with Hyaluronic
Moisture 3 -5
Serience Night Serum – Malachite NP Complex
Vita Peptide Eye Gel
86% Bioactive Marine Collagen Peptides supplement containing no dairy or gluten.
Book in today so we can discuss your personal treatment plan and how Peptides can help you.